23.2.10

pursuing a dream or what's best?

When I was graduated from junior high, I wish I could enter the same school, from smp santa ursula jakarta to smu santa ursula jakarta. But I failed. I did not pass the test. Being in that high school was my dream (my mom was in there, so was my sister and my aunt). and I think it's also about the prestige. then, they opened a second chance. They would rescan the test results, so there would be an addition of students who succeed to enter the high school. but there was no my name. I failed again, at the second chance. My parents letter about why I should enter the high school (because my mom, my sister, and my my aunt was in there too) didn't make any effect. It was just a failure.

But then I entered another smu santa ursula in BSD. Same institution, same organization, just different place and people. Time by time, I started to think that maybe this is the best high school for me. Why is it? It's just it. When you find what's best for you, you just know it.

all of our life, we try to pursue our dream. but does it also including pursuing our best? I dont know.

right now, I'm an active job seeker. And lately, I guess I find my myself getting hopeless. I'm pursuing my dream job, to work in a magazine. My application to be a reporter in MRA Media Group didn't make any progress in 3 weeks. And I think it's enough to be a reason to be hopeless. I wish I will be called for 2nd interview in female magazine, and again, no progress. and this is my most desireble vacancy. then gogirl called. well actually, I don't really into this magz because it's a family business so I guess it will be difficult to improve my career level. But it turns out that I think I will like the job desc (after the manager gave me a picture about being a copywriter in gogirl). and she said that she liked my result of copywriter test (I was asked to write an advertorial about ponds white bla bla bla), and she was very interesting in me, and she will try having me for 2nd interview in the near future. and if i'm not mistaken, she mentioned that probably she will contact me this friday or monday to have me for second interview in a week after because the company needs a new copywriter very soon (that's why she asked whether I'm ready to work in the very near future, if I get hired). it was on wednesday if i'm not mistaken. On friday, no phone call. so was on monday. and now it's tuesday. this week I thought I will be in a 2nd interview, but there's no news.

Should I still pursue my dream without knowing whether it's the best for me or not? because right now, i don't know whether working in a magazine will be what's best for me. but i'm sure it is my dream job. just like the previous story. I didn't know whether sanur jakarta was the best for me because it was just my dream school. and in fact, it was not. sanur bsd was what's best for me although it was never being my dream school.

so i think, I will not know what's best for me until I'm in it. for now, I will still pursuing my dream job. God, gives me strength.


3 comments:

  1. mungkin memang harus dijalani saja be. :\

    paling enak sih kalo dream job = best job

    ReplyDelete
  2. emang belom jalannya aja kali be. there will be the best job and the best company waiting for you outhere but they haven't found you yet

    -bingung ga lo tiba-tiba gw komen di sini-

    ReplyDelete