23.2.10

being a feminist

Is it like you feel like you don’t need a man in ur life?
I don’t think so
Is it like you have to fight patriarchy just like simone de beauvoir and kate millet said?
I like that idea, but its their idea, not mine
Is it like you have to think critically why the number of women in parliament is still small just like the idea that I received in race, gender, and social construction class?
Nope, I wont talk about politic here

If Betty Friedan, who survived from her husband that beating her during their marriage and divorced from him then wrote about feminine mystique, is a feminist, then my mom who has chosen to marry my dad is not a feminist?

For me, being feminist is having the courage to choose. If you don’t have the right to choose, then fight for it. Just like alice paul did to women in America at the beginning of 1900, vote for women. As a woman, I choose to choose something because I believe in it.

So, if a woman choose to not marry anyone in her life, then what’s wrong with that. Its her decision as a human being, and to be a great woman leader in a company, for example. And so if a woman choose to be a house wife and take care of her children, then what’s wrong with that. She could be feminist in her own way, like making decision which school her children will study at. They both devoted in different things which they had chosen, and they are being feminist in their own way.

For sake of not being a “feminist-wannabe”, I’d like to say to everyone I tagged or not :
Just be brave to choose your own decision, girls. And you will be a feminist in your own way.

(one of my inspiration Lady Gaga - Bad Romance video clip. Watch it till end, and it’s extremely feminist!)

p.s. : I’m not an extremist. Believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment