4.6.10

The Fashion Art

I, myself, definitely do not wear clothes just because I have to. Or it’s one of three human’s must have items, beside food and home. For me, wearing clothes is an interesting activity. I love to look nice. And sometimes I think not all of the people have the sense of “the art of wearing clothes”. Maybe it’s because they wear clothes because they have to, or they don’t have any other choice instead of being naked. And I am absolutely not kind of that people. But sometimes I have to face that most of the expensive things do make me look fashionable or trendy or stylish, yeah kind of that. For example, a woman who wears Versace dress, Louboutin high heels, Chanel clutch, and Dior jewelry will be automatically look fabulous and fashionable. Or another cheaper example, a woman who wears Topshop clothes, Zara boots, and Mango bag will look very chic and trendy. I will never deny that all of designer’s and well-known brand’s items are gorgeous. Or maybe because the items have “the name of the designer/brand” that makes people cannot ever deny that it’s fashionable. It’s like there’s a rule to never deny and always admit that it is fashionable (just like we admit that God has the biggest and the wisest power).


Although I admit it too, on the other hand, I kinda object to that idea. For me, being fashion is about art and sense, not about the material values of the items. As I said before, wearing designer’s items makes you look automatically fashionable. But I, myself, if I meet a girl with a cute cropped top, high waisted short pants, a blazer, metallic flat shoes, quilted clutch, and she has no idea what are the items’ brand, I will call her more fashionable than a girl with Guess T-shirt and jeans, Gucci bag, and Jimmy Choo high heels shoes. You don’t know what brands you’re wearing but you still look chic, that’s fashion. Why we should be automatically fashionable with designers items if we were born to have the sense of fashion and make our own style? I can say that we can look fashionable just with 1000 IDR top from Senen market! Oh yes I believe we can. If we have that sense for sure. Well maybe I’m too honest to say I can’t afford designers items. I do, as simple as that. Sometimes I get jealous that I can’t afford it, but then, so why? I can let myself being fashionable on my own way. And one thing, maybe we can buy fake items, but do not buy them along with fake symbols. For example, do not buy fake Chanel’s quilted bag with Chanel’s logo. Because we all know that a people who really can afford to buy the original one won’t take buses to their office or campus. Just buy fake items with a really same model.


My career requires me to get intimate with designer and labels items. I have to be update with their latest trend and sort of things. But it doesn’t make me being a person who really wants to buy labels items or at least its super KW1 items. On the opposite, it makes me wrote this. At one day, I found someone’s blog. She’s still young. Everybody adores her because she has such a very high sense of fashion. She has her photos with nicest, finest, and fashionable clothes, with model’s pose. And when I look the information, oh they are GAP, Zara, Topshop, etc. Well you are rich and fashionable, but that doesn’t give me any inspiration at all because I won’t waste my money too much on that or I can’t reach your rich level because I wasn’t born to be rich but to get struggle. So thank very much! Sometimes, if we saw a fashionable lady, we often think that she is rich because they can afford fabulous, beautiful, and fine stuff. Then their look gives us 2 choices, buy designers label like them or you can get fake items and you will look cheesy and corny. So, it doesn’t give me any inspiration at all. But with Tavi Gevinson blog, she didn’t always take picture on fashion items, she took art photos. Every art things that gave her inspiration. And the result is fashion. So, looking at her as a stylish person, not because she always wears labels and finest items, is because she has the art. She can make her mom’s vintage dress or a garage sale items look very fashion art.


For all my respect of those fashion brands (Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes, D&G, you name it), I do not criticize them with this writing, and I always adore them for many things fashionable and fabulous they created. FYI, Coco Chanel and her Chanel always is my most fave fashion pioneer for her timeless and classic items. But to be honest, this post is dedicated for all of those people who really “in the worship” of the “high brand” even they really want to wear fake item (super KW1) just because it does really look like one of those original orange Birkin bag with that “Hermes Paris” letter inside! Just please give more rooms for those indie or unknown label items because they can be really that cute, edgy, chic, eclectic, fabulous, unique, flashy, and so on and so on, in a different ways with those high brand. At the end, I want to tell that I love my original (I mean really original) black “Dior” baggy pants that my aunt gave me, I also love my maroon black “Bloop” oversized top, and I do love my 1.000 IDR black top with cute pink embroidery on the edge which I bought from the second hand market, Senen. So, being “in fashion” it’s not about “the name” but the art of “what you love to wear”.

No comments:

Post a Comment